K-Space (NI) Ltd are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely.
We are known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means K-Space determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
In this notice we explain
- how and why we collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are.
If you are unfamiliar with our terms or want more detail on any of the information here, please write to: Data Protection Officer, K-Space (NI) Ltd, 18 Charlestown Drive, Craigavon, BT63 5GA or via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
What information we collect and why
Personal information will largely be collected from you directly in the course of business. We may also seek information indirectly, for example to verify your identity, assess creditworthiness etc. We also collect information through our website, social media, market research and CCTV footage. We will sometimes record phone conversations and we will always let you know when we do this.
The personal data we use might be about you as a personal or business customer and may include:
- full name(s)
- home and/or business address / address history
- contact number(s)
- email address(es)
- Company registration number, if applicable
- VAT registration number
- Bank details
How we use your information
To use your information lawfully, we rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract
- Legal obligation
- Our legitimate interests
- Your consent
To fulfil any contractual arrangement, meet our regulatory and legal obligations and indeed our own legitimate interests, we collect some of your personal information, verify it, keep it up to date through regular checks, and delete it once we no longer have to keep it. If you do not provide the information we need, or help us keep it up to date, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
When you visit our website, we log the IP address, type of operating system and browser software used by each visitor, and from this information we can derive the identity of the visitor’s geographic location and Internet Service Provider. We use this data in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful facilities by analysing the collective characteristics of our visitors and measuring usage.
Who we share your information with and why
K-Space works with sub-contractors, delivery companies, IT and financial consultants, payment processing providers, credit reference agencies and other businesses who help us provide our products and services. For example to:
- Deliver goods and/or services
- Assess creditworthiness
- To verify your identity
- Collect debts
- Protect both our interests
- Accounting and Management
- Meet any applicable law, regulation or lawful request
We expect these third parties to have the same levels of information protection that we have.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors, including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 6 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (~”data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law. Further information can be found on their website www.ico.org.uk If you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
Should you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, K-Space (NI) Ltd, 18 Charlestown Drive, Craigavon, BT63 5GA or via email email@example.com quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry
Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 14 May 2018. We will make changes to this notice from time to time, particularly when we change how we use your information. You can always find an up-to-date version of this notice on our website https://kspaceni.com/privacy-policy, or you can ask us for a copy.